Enviable inner city lifestyle yours for the taking or add this chic apartment to your portfolio
The easy inner city lifestyle could be yours via this chic apartment in the historic 'Colonial Mutual Life Building' with its art deco façade, rooftop garden and sublime location. This one bedroom apartment is an astute investment or the epitome of first home ownership – a convenient apartment in a coveted building situated in the beating heart of our thriving coastal city.
Head out for a sunrise surf at Newcastle Beach – just 650 metres east – and grab a coffee from the iconic Estabar or Good Brother Espresso before you walk to the office in the CBD or maybe catch the light rail. On the way home from work stop by Falcon for a beer or meet friends at Bocados for an amazing Spanish feast. Come the weekend share a gin and tonic or a bottle of bubbles with friends on the building's rooftop balcony complete with wet bar and views across the harbour to the iconic Nobbys lighthouse. As the sun sinks low over the Pacific head out for a show at the grand Civic Theatre, choose from an ever evolving and eclectic range of restaurants for dinner and finish the night with a Negroni at Coal and Cedar.
If you are an investor or looking to become one, be sure to add this gem to your portfolio as the Newcastle rental market continues to surge. It is currently tenanted to a happily ensconced tenant for $400 a week. Your tenants will love the modern style and convenience, the low maintenance aspect of this unit and of course the enviable location!
– Uber central 1 bedroom unit in the true centre of Newcastle
– Incredible location with scores of restaurants, bars, cafes, boutiques, theatres, galleries and even a speakeasy within a few hundred metres
– If you tire of the city head to Darby Street – just 1 km away
– 650 metres to Newcastle Beach, 800 metres to King Edward Park, 1 km to the Bogey Hole, 1.3km to Nobbys Beach
– Apartment overlooks the Hunter Street Mall but is surprisingly quiet given its location
– 6th floor position
– Modern kitchen with sleek cabinetry and Omega appliances
– Floating timber floors, Euro laundry, casement windows and secure intercom entry to foyer
– Shared rooftop space with garden and wet bar and views to Nobbys Beach across the harbour
– Currently tenanted until August at $400/week
Council rates: $2,752 approx. per annum
Wate rates: $897 approx. per annum
Strata rates: $2,992 approx. per annum
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.