Classic Victorian Terrace with Modern Updates and Captivating Ocean Views
Auction Location: The Arc, 45 Watt Street Newcastle.
Nestled in exclusive Barker Street from where a stroll to the beach, city or King Edward Park is simply effortless, this freestanding Victorian terrace c.1890 is abundant in heart-warming character and appeal. Soaring pressed metal ceilings, original hard wood floors, a corbelled hallway arch and plate ledges add a timeless elegance while an open plan layout, updates to the kitchen and both bathrooms and outdoor flow to a choice of alfresco entertaining decks ensure it functions as a thoroughly modern home.
Perched in a truly spectacular position to catch ocean vistas and the sea breeze, this property comes complete with picture-postcard views where you can watch daily sunrises, ships glide by and dolphins and whales breach. Check out the surf conditions at the Cowrie Hole from each of the two decks, then grab your board and swimmers and run barefoot to the beach.
The private backyard promises the urban grower a good yield with a veggie patch, chicken coop and banana, mulberry and papaya trees, while young kids will love the tree house. The best way however to appreciate all this captivating home has to offer is to experience it for yourself.
– Classic timber terrace on 359sqm block set back from the street on private road
– Freshly painted in crisp, neutral décor throughout
– Fourth bedroom or formal lounge room on ground floor
– Open plan living with wood combustion fire, powerful Rinnai gas heater with exhaust & gas combustion fire upstairs for winter warmth
– Kitchen with dining nook, stainless steel and stone benches, gas stove and dishwasher
– Three bedrooms plus study upstairs with a rear deck and lacework verandah
– Shower bathroom downstairs, full-size bathroom up with double vanity and bidet
– Under house storage, cellar and laundry
– Two rainwater tanks (6,000l), private and fancy outdoor hot shower
– 850m to the world-class swimming spot at the Bogey Hole
– 230m to Newcastle Grammar School
– An abundance of on-street parking with free permit
This property is being sold under the revolutionary Friendly Auction System.
An independent pest & building report is available on request at no charge to you. This is the type of report your solicitor would usually recommend purchasing before bidding at an auction or before making an unconditional offer prior to auction and are conducted by a panel of reputable companies. The companies have consented to friendly auction terms and will generally be happy to speak to you about your queries in reports and in most cases transfer the reports into your name if you are the successful buyer at auction or prior to auction: see each report for details.
Flexible deposit and settlement conditions are also available by negotiation with the agent if required.
Offers can also be made prior to auction and each offer will be assessed on its merits.
In-rooms auction event scheduled at The Arc at Watt Street Commercial Centre (Cnr King and Watt St Newcastle). Bid and buy with confidence in this consumer driven, transparent auction system that was pioneered here in Newcastle but is now in use across Australia. We also have a downloadable guide available on our website.
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.