Stately Home with Modern Extension in Inner-City Locale
Auction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
This exquisite home boasts a captivating combination of sumptuous period features blended with a breathtaking modern extension, perfect for a large family with discerning taste. Built c1922 for the Chief Engineer of NESCA, it is a home of distinction, moments to the vibrancy of Darby Street and the Civic cultural hub.
Arranged over three levels, the home is ideally suited to a contemporary family lifestyle with four double bedrooms, a living area and bathroom upstairs, while the impeccable master bedroom with marble ensuite and walk-in robe, as well as the 6th bedroom are on the main level. The home opens into a gorgeous entry porch with leadlight windows and timber floors and flows onto the formal portion of the property with two lounge rooms featuring an abundance of period features including timber fretwork, ornate ceilings, picture rails and gas fireplaces. The grand theme has been continued into the sympathetic kitchen/living extension with soaring ceilings, seamless flow to the alfresco entertaining and a wall of windows overlooking the impressive pool and immaculate landscaped gardens. The kitchen comes equipped with premium appliances, stainless steel benches and a butlers pantry. The lower level houses the double garage, an abundance of storage and an enormous, air conditioned wine cellar.
Located in a highly sought-after position, the home is just moments’ stroll to the entertainment hub of Darby Street’s cafes, restaurants and eclectic shops, Newcastle Art Gallery, Civic Park and the Conservatorium of Music. Walk into the CBD, Honeysuckle, The Harbour and even beaches.
• Stunning brick post-Federation home with abundant period features
• Four of the double bedrooms are anchored around upstairs living area
• Master bedroom with elegant ensuite featuring in-floor heating, walk-in robe and 6th bedroom on main level
• Modern, luxury kitchen with Ilve gas cooker, built-in Gaggenau bbq and deep fryer,
Butler pantry and 3.5 metre island bench
• 13mx4m in-ground wet deck pool, level lawned area and Italianate style gardens
• Lower level double garage with internal access, masses of storage and air conditioned wine cellar
• Kitchen/family spills through bi-fold doors the covered alfresco entertaining
• Ducted air conditioning, Bose surround sound system and plantation shutters
• Stained glass windows, high decorative ceilings, timber picture rails and architraves
• Moments’ walk to Darby Street’s independent shops, eateries and bars