'Strathaven' - A Stunning Heritage Home
Auction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
Built c1910 for the undermanager of the Teralba Pit, this stately Federation home has been lovingly restored and beautifully updated by its current owners. A masterpiece of historic architecture, the home is grand in scale and position, adjoining reserve and the lake.
A timeless blend of classic Federation features and modern conveniences, this majestic home greets you with original tessellated tiles, stained glass, high ceilings and even an antique wall phone. The sumptuous lounge comes complete with an original fireplace and box bay window, pressed metal ceilings and stained glass. Enter the kitchen/family room and discover a state-of-the-art gas kitchen with premium appliances and stone island which flows to both a private courtyard and the all season alfresco living space. Flooded with natural sunlight from its northern aspect, but protected from the elements, this magical area spills to the private, landscaped grounds and reserve beyond.
An oversized parcel of 1300sqm, the home directly adjoins the picturesque Lake Macquarie foreshore and its walking and cycle tracks reaching form Speers Point to Awaba House. Make the most of this peaceful lakeside pocket and enjoy Lake Macquarie Park Run, walk to Awaba House café, Teralba Amateur Sailing Club and local schools.
– Gorgeous three bedroom Federation home with character galore
– Stained glass windows, pressed metal ceilings and timber floors
– Original wood fired stove a centrepiece of the kitchen/family
– Sumptuous lounge with box bay window and original fireplace
– Modern stone kitchen with island, 900mm gas stove, dishwasher
– Original brick underground water tank for garden use
– Fabulous alfresco protected from elements flows to landscaped garden
– Sympathetically renovated bathroom with claw foot tub
– Adjoins lake foreshore and walk/cycle ways to the rear