Victorian Elegance Reinvented with Beautiful Interiors and Private Alfresco Spaces
Auction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
The elegant transformation of this wide fronted Victorian terrace has created a spacious inner-city home rich in character and destined to impress. Soaring 11ft pressed metal ceilings and restored period features set a mood of enduring appeal while a contemporary new kitchen and upstairs bathroom add modern amenity. In the fashionable heart of Cooks Hill, front and rear courtyards and an upper level lacework verandah create inviting retreats from the home’s fast-paced city surrounds.
A green fringed courtyard and tiled entrance cast a pleasing first impression and welcome you inside where all the traditional hallmarks of its c.1890’s heritage are on display. There are beautiful timber floors, a hallway arch and four period fireplaces to admire, air-conditioning and gas heating to keep things comfortable and chic plantation shutters and chandeliers that add a fresh, sophisticated feel. Grand formal lounge and dining rooms flow to the striking kitchen, impressive with its stone benchtops, pyrolytic oven, black dishwasher and wine fridge along with the family bathroom with freestanding bath and large shower. There is a seamless connection to the rear private rear courtyard and Mediterranean inspired garden with water feature and secure parking area, which can transition easily for large scale alfresco entertaining. Separating rest from play, three generously proportioned bedrooms enjoy the privacy of the upper level along with an impressive new bathroom where Carrara marble tiles and a large shower are a fabulous display of luxe design.
Positioned perfectly a short walk to Darby Street’s cafes and boutiques, Civic Park and just minutes to beaches, the harbour foreshore, schools and Marketown, this fine terrace is perfect for those seeking a family home that offers timeless appeal and enduring character in a superbly convenient location.
– Freestanding Victorian terrace on 234sqm parcel with wide approx. 17m frontage
– Comprehensively updated including new wiring, plastering and plumbing
– Large formal lounge room and separate formal dining with working gas fireplaces
– Air-conditioned kitchen and casual meals area with gas cooktop and pyrolytic oven
– Private rear courtyard with pergola adjoins a secure carport offering off-street parking for two vehicles
– Family bathroom with oval bath, new vanity and heated towel rail
– Upper level bathroom services three bedrooms all with robes and new carpet
– Security screens; plantation shutters; alarm system
– Coveted inner-city location walking distance to everything Newcastle has to offer
This property is being sold under the revolutionary Friendly Auction System.
– An independent pest & building report is available on request at no charge to you. This is the type of report your solicitor would usually recommend purchasing before bidding at an auction or before making an unconditional offer prior to auction and are conducted by a panel of reputable companies. The companies have consented to friendly auction terms and will generally be happy to speak to you about your queries in reports and in most cases transfer the reports into your name if you are the successful buyer at auction or prior to auction: see each report for details.
– Flexible deposit and settlement conditions are also available by negotiation with the agent if required.
– Offers can also be made prior to auction and each offer will be assessed on its merits.
In-rooms auction event scheduled at The Arc at Watt Street Commercial Centre (Cnr King and Watt St Newcastle). Bid and buy with confidence in this consumer driven, transparent auction system that was pioneered here in Newcastle but is now in use across Australia. We also have a downloadable guide available on our website.