Traditional Charm and Innovative Dual Level Layout
Combining traditional appeal with clever design, this charming weatherboard cottage has been updated and extended now featuring an innovative dual level layout designed for optimal flexibility and crafted to embrace the outdoors. Original character elements sit in perfect harmony with an organic palette of reclaimed timber, exposed brick and polished concrete to create a visually appealing home in one of Newcastle’s hottest inner city suburbs.
A front verandah welcomes you inside where hardwood floors and timber lined ceilings and walls turn on the charm and a central hallway splits three generously sized bedrooms and the family bathroom with claw foot bath, rainmaker shower and discreet laundry. Soaring ceilings and an extensive use of glass frame the rear open plan living and dining space encompassing a contemporary kitchen. Bi-fold doors open to create a seamless extension to alfresco entertaining and level lawns with desired northerly aspect. Designed to offer flexibility of space and use, the intelligent layout features a versatile loft retreat and a single garage accessed via the rear lane.
In a popular area prized by families for its sense of community, Islington Park, Birdy’s Café and Hunter TAFE are at the end of the street and Beaumont Street’s cafes, trains and vintage shops are in easy reach. Stroll or bike ride the nearby Throsby Waters shared path to the harbour, Honeysuckle and beaches.
– Dual level weatherboard home on 311sqm north to rear parcel
– Contemporary kitchen with timber benches, Smeg induction cooktop, AEG oven and Asko dishwasher
– Wood burning fire provides winter warmth
– Three ground floor bedrooms plus versatile upper level retreat
– Seamless indoor/outdoor flow to all-weather alfresco entertaining and level lawns
– Off-street parking is a bonus in this area
– Sought-after inner-city suburb, just 5 minutes drive to the CBD and beaches
This property is being sold under the revolutionary Friendly Auction System.
– An independent pest & building report is available on request at no charge to you. This is the type of report your solicitor would usually recommend purchasing before bidding at an auction or before making an unconditional offer prior to auction and are conducted by a panel of reputable companies. The companies have consented to friendly auction terms and will generally be happy to speak to you about your queries in reports and in most cases transfer the reports into your name if you are the successful buyer at auction or prior to auction: see each report for details.
– Flexible deposit and settlement conditions are also available by negotiation with the agent if required.
– Offers can also be made prior to auction and each offer will be assessed on its merits.
In-rooms auction event scheduled at The Arc at Watt Street Commercial Centre (Cnr King and Watt St Newcastle). Bid and buy with confidence in this consumer driven, transparent auction system that was pioneered here in Newcastle but is now in use across Australia. We also have a downloadable guide available on our website.