Renovate or Rebuild in Prime Position
Auction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
In almost original condition, this period double fronted cottage offers exciting renovation potential and the chance to capitalise on its prized inner city location. Built 1910 and immediately comfortable, it’s laced with 3.1m timber lined ceilings, dado boards and a fireplace, while the traditional floorplan awaits some modern inspiration offering truly exciting possibilities to redesign or makeover.
The current layout includes a lounge room at the heart of the home with a separate dining space that offers floorplan flexibility as a study, office or fourth bedroom, gas-equipped kitchen, three double bedrooms and retro family bathroom. A garden is included at the back which offers future scope to be transformed into a sun-drenched entertaining area or backyard for the kids.
Guaranteeing a foundation for an excellent future in a popular area prized by families for its sense of community, Tighes Hill Public school is across the road, Islington Park and Throsby Waters are a short stroll away and Beaumont Street’s cafes, trains and vintage shops are in easy reach.
– Traditional double fronted home on 304sqm block
– Approximate dimensions of 9.14 X 32.92m
– Solid bones and a functional floorplan ideal for renovators or builders
– Separate lounge and dining spaces, or potential fourth bedroom
– Three generously proportioned bedrooms share a vintage bathroom
– Happy tenant currently returning $390pw
– Close to education facilities central to University city and Callaghan campus and a stroll to Hunter TAFE at end of street