Architect Designed Terrace with Fabulous Harbour and Nobbys Views
Auction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
An outstanding 2008 architectural reinvention of a classic terrace has created a sublime urban sanctuary flowing over three sumptuous levels and crowned with an absolutely private top-floor retreat. A refreshing alternative to the compact structure and subdued light of a traditional Victorian terrace, this contemporary interpretation makes the most of its bright north facing aspect. Clean contemporary lines, luminous light and fabulous views of the harbour, ocean and Nobbys headland are matched perfectly by the allure of its vibrant east end surrounds.
Inside, living and dining with timber floors, crisp finishes and a split-level design flows to courtyard entertaining overlooked by a beautifully designed island kitchen featuring granite surfaces and European appliances. Mid-level there are two spacious bedrooms served by two fully tiled bathrooms. A substantial, brilliantly flexible top level with third bathroom and deep outdoor terrace is filled with beautiful light. This divine space can be at once a parents’ retreat or an additional living and alfresco entertaining area for executive couples, with the dynamic water views the icing on the cake.
Just 200m from the planned new light rail terminal connecting the East End to the University of Newcastle city campus, the CBD and the Wickham transport interchange, the location of this fabulous home is undeniably superb. From here, an early morning swim or surf at Newcastle or Nobbys beach, a relaxed foreshore walk or breakfast, lunch or dinner at a popular eatery are all simply effortless.
– Torrens Title terrace designed by award-winning Sydney architect David Haertsch
– Living domain includes a relaxing window seat and plantation shutters
– Contemporary kitchen boasts abundant cupboard space, a granite-topped island, Miele gas cooktop and integrated dishwasher
– Stacking doors extend the living space to a courtyard and rear lane access for alfresco entertaining and off-street parking
– Both bedrooms fitted with built-in robes and new carpet
– Entertain family and friends in style with views of the New Year’s Eve fireworks from the upper level terrace
– Dressed in crisp neutral tones and striking Blackbutt floors
– Wet areas include three bathrooms; a powder room / toilet and external laundry
– Two resident and one visitor’s parking permits provided by local council.