Contemporary Transformation for Cute Cottage
Once a modest miner’s cottage, this warm and inviting home has been given an intelligent and appealing transformation with a contemporary vibe. Impressive from the outset with its picket fence and sun-splashed north facing verandah, it’s flowing open floorplan is a beacon for natural light. The quiet street setting is just a few metres from regular buses and Mayfield’s vibrant shopping and cafe strip.
Defined by bamboo floors and a warm neutral colour scheme with pops of colour adding interest and texture, there are defined lounge and dining spaces anchored around a contemporary gas-equipped kitchen and seamless alfresco flow to a rear deck and gardens offering privacy and just the right amount of space for outdoor dining. With a natural divide between living and sleeping, both bedrooms rest at the front of the layout opening via French doors to the verandah that’s sure to be your go-to spot for morning coffee with the sun on your face. The main bathroom features a deep bath and frameless shower and there’s an internal laundry with handy second w/c. A few extras include reverse-cycle air-conditioning and secure driveway parking.
Currently a go-to suburb for first homebuyers and investors, this well-connected area offers rapid access to the city and beaches.
– Smartly updated weatherboard home on north facing 440sqm parcel
– Lounge room with air-conditioning and ceiling fan connects to deck and backyard
– Stone-topped kitchen in a black and white palette with gas cooktop and dishwasher
– Contemporary bathroom with deep bath, frameless shower and Caesarstone vanity
– Both bedrooms with robes and ceiling fans open to front verandah
– 270m to shopping and an easy stroll to San Clemente High School and Mayfield East Public