Timeless Charm Amid Beautiful Backyard Haven
Auction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
This traditional c1925 double brick cavity and tile home displays rich and warm character with a host of gorgeous original details ensuring timeless appeal. Inviting and homely with lovely flow-through enhanced by timber floors, ornate cornices, a fresh neutral colour palette and ducted air-conditioning, its beautifully landscaped garden is a highlight with a choice of private alfresco spaces and lush, tropical plantings. Offering a superb central location in one of Newcastle’s fastest growing suburbs, it’s positioned in a friendly, tree-lined street within strolling distance of cafes, shops and services.
A strong street presence and charming front verandah welcomes you inside to spacious double bedrooms resting either side of the hallway leading to a generous lounge room with fireplace. The third bedroom at rear of the house could double as a study. Functional bathroom boasts a separate w/c and laundry. A large entertainer’s kitchen is equipped with a 900mm gas cooker, dishwasher and original, working, ceramic heater. Stunning hardwood timbers form a breakfast bar that divides the kitchen and dining room. The dining room opens via French doors to the private backyard retreat. Wide driveway leads to generous garage with room for workshop.
It’s easy to see why this thriving suburb is a popular choice for busy couples and young families. Shopping, schools, eateries and parkland are all minutes from home and it’s well-serviced by buses heading to the CBD, university and beaches.
– Traditional double brick and tile home on 381sqm parcel
– Central lounge room with fireplace and separate dining area
– Spacious kitchen appointed with 900mm gas cooker and stainless steel dishwasher
– Two generous bedrooms at front of home, third bedroom at rear
– Period features include timber floors, high ceilings and coloured glass windows
– A choice of covered alfresco areas separated by stunning gardens
– One and a half lock-up garage plus additional driveway parking
– Walk to shops, cafes, parks, pools and sports facilities, pre-schools, Mayfield East Public, St Columban’s Primary and San Clemente High schools.
This property is being sold under the revolutionary Friendly Auction System.
– An independent pest & building report is available on request at no charge to you. This is the type of report your solicitor would usually recommend purchasing before bidding at an auction or before making an unconditional offer prior to auction and are conducted by a panel of reputable companies. The companies have consented to friendly auction terms and will generally be happy to speak to you about your queries in reports and in most cases transfer the reports into your name if you are the successful buyer at auction or prior to auction: see each report for details.
– Flexible deposit and settlement conditions are also available by negotiation with the agent if required.
– Offers can also be made prior to auction and each offer will be assessed on its merits.
In-rooms auction event scheduled at The Arc at Watt Street Commercial Centre (Cnr King and Watt St Newcastle). Bid and buy with confidence in this consumer driven, transparent auction system that was pioneered here in Newcastle but is now in use across Australia. We also have a downloadable guide available on our website.