Set to impress – a solid investment now and for the future
This property is set to impress the astute investor or to intrigue the first home buyer with its fabulous location in flourishing Islington – just 4 minutes to the bustle of Beaumont Street and 10 minutes in an Uber to the heart of Newcastle. In addition to its brilliant, almost-inner-city location, this sweet cottage boasts lovely original features including genuine wooden floorboards, high ceilings and a fireplace, alongside modern additions – a contemporary kitchen, air conditioning, ceiling fans and a statement barn door that adds even more character to this pretty cottage.
If you are looking for a fantastic house with 'good bones' and original features in a handy location – this is the one. This property boasts 2 robed bedrooms and a separate space (once a porch) now converted to become a light-filled space suitable as a study or studio. Love this home now and transform it as budget and time allow to highlight the gorgeous heritage features further and create a divine home of your own. In addition to the charm of the interior, this property boasts a back yard large enough for the fur babies with an outdoor space lit by darling festoon lights – just perfect for those nights you want to stay in!
With happily ensconced tenants under lease until 08/04/2023, paying rent of $550 per week, this property is a clever investment for the discerning buyer. It is handy to Newcastle city with its ever evolving dining and theatre culture and nightlife, the dining and pub hubs of Beaumont and Darby Streets and Honeysuckle are a few minutes away, it is close to TAFE and university campuses and it is less than 15 minutes to Newcastle's beautiful beaches. Perfectly positioned for tenants and for the first home buyer. This is your chance to be part of edgy Islington – a rapidly gentrifying suburb that is astounding people with its growth.
– Charming cottage with two robed bedrooms featuring high ceilings and polished wooden floors
– An enclosed front porch creates a beautiful space to be utilized as a study, studio, dressing room, library or even a third bedroom
– Modern kitchen with light grey subway tiles, built in wine racks, eat-in kitchen island and Bellini appliances
– A laundry and second toilet are found at the rear of the home and the original attached outhouse has been converted to a storage space
– Contemporary slatted fence and Crimsafe security screen door
– Single car garage doubles as an outdoor entertaining area and plenty of on-street parking nearby
– Pick a pub – new craft breweries including Shout and Method Brewing, The Kent, Meantime, The Blind Monk and The Newy are all within easy walking distance
– 200 metres to TAFE NSW and 10 minutes to both of the Newcastle University campuses at Callaghan and the City
– 5 mins to Beaumont Street, 8 mins to the Honeysuckle precinct and 9 mins to the iconic Civic Theatre in the heart of Newy
– Currently tenanted until 08/04/2023 at $550 per week
Council rates: $1,948 approx. per annum
Water rates: $844.47 approx. per annum
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.