Architecturally Renovated Character Home Flaunts a Modern Industrial Aesthetic
Blending 1930’s charm and character with an industrial inspired extension and renovation, this visually appealing brick home pairs joinery of hoop pine ply with large areas of glass and louvres for light and ventilation. High ceilings heighten the sense of space as crisp white interiors and a mix of bamboo and polished concrete flooring highlight a flowing open floorplan. From the industrial lighting to the custom cabinetry,
the flawless finishes leave a lasting impression as points of difference in this standout home.
Flaunting a modern industrial aesthetic, the home reveals distinct living and dining spaces anchored around a Caesarstone island kitchen. With a gas cooker, dishwasher and ply cabinetry, it’s the perfect place for undertaking cooking in style. The bathroom features a frameless walk-in shower, luxurious freestanding bath, striking tiling and matte black tapware, making it at once comfortable and elegant. Bedrooms are abundantly comfortable and fashionably updated with built-in storage, the master also features a window seat recycled from the home’s old floorboards. Living zones flow through bi-fold doors and windows to al fresco territory, where a timber deck and level lawn are ideal for entertaining or retreat. Further liveability of the home is enhanced with under-floor heating, air-conditioning and block-out blinds adding an extra level of comfort.
All of this sits in a quiet street within walking distance to Islington Park, which entices with its vast open spaces, Beaumont Street’s ever popular eatery district, the rail at Hamilton station and the popular Throsby Waters cycle way all the way to the harbour foreshore, Honeysuckle entertainment precinct and Nobbys Beach.
– Character home updated and extended by a c.2014 architectural extension
– Air-conditioning and underfloor heating provide seasonal comfort
– Island kitchen with 40mm waterfall edges, plywood storage and exposed brick feature wall
– All three bedrooms with built-in robes and ceiling fans to two
– Euro laundry with valuable storage
– Skylit dining area with plywood detailing and bi-fold window seat opening to deck
– Full family bathroom with floor to ceiling tiling, clerestory windows and louvers
– Deck with built-in lighting, gas outlet and hot and cold water
– Minutes to Beaumont Street, Islington’s vintage shops and Hamilton train station
This property is being sold under the revolutionary Friendly Auction System.
– An independent pest & building report is available on request at no charge to you. This is the type of report your solicitor would usually recommend purchasing before bidding at an auction or before making an unconditional offer prior to auction and are conducted by a panel of reputable companies. The companies have consented to friendly auction terms and will generally be happy to speak to you about your queries in reports and in most cases transfer the reports into your name if you are the successful buyer at auction or prior to auction: see each report for details.
– Flexible deposit and settlement conditions are also available by negotiation with the agent if required.
– Offers can also be made prior to auction and each offer will be assessed on its merits.
In-rooms auction event scheduled at The Arc at Watt Street Commercial Centre (Cnr King and Watt St Newcastle). Bid and buy with confidence in this consumer driven, transparent auction system that was pioneered here in Newcastle but is now in use across Australia. We also have a downloadable guide available on our website.